I'll try to keep the teams lined up here (let me know of any errors).
Team Reel 1: (Registered & Paid)
Team Reel 2: (Registered & Paid)
Team Reel 3: (Registered & Paid)
Team Reel 4: (Registered & Paid)
Team Reel 5: (Registered & Paid)
Fairly Reliable Bob's: (Registered & Paid)
Bobby Peterson and Crew!
Fairly Reliable Bob's 2: (Bobby got a 2nd team together?) Cool!
Race Bible 2010 Lyle Pearson 200
1. Intro: The Boise Cycling Club, Idaho’s oldest cycling club est. 1972 would like to introduce you to the 5th Lyle Pearson 200. On Saturday June 5th we will offer a strategic as well as challenging 200 mile team event. We have chosen a team format to involve more riders. The main object of this event will be to work together and have fun while riding 200 of the most challenging miles in Idaho. The ride will start at Kessler’s cafe in Boise and follow state Highway 21 over four major climbs to Stanley. In Stanley we will turn on to State Highway 75 this will take us up to 9000 feet going over galena summit on our way to Sun Valley. Total climbing will be in the 15,000 foot range.
2. Team format: Each team will consist of four riders and one manager. The make up of the team can be all male, all female or coed. We will use the U.S.A. cycling ranking system to rank each team. The team ranking must equal 10 or more. The ranking of each rider will be added together to reach this number. Example one cat. 1, one cat. 2, two cat. 4’s. this team’s ranking would be 11. A rider who has never had a racing license will be considered a cat. 5. NORBA riders will use the new U.S.A. cycling rank.
3. Fees: The Cost of the event will be $200.00 per team. The team must be reg. By May 25th. There will be no day of sign up.
4. Start format: The first team will be off at 6:00am. We will start each team one at a time. Intervals will be decided based on the team rankings.
5. Prize list: The prize list will be cash $1000.00 1st $500.00 2nd $300.00 3rd $200.00
6. Transitions: The event will consist of 9 transition areas. These will be the only areas where the teams can exchange riders.
2. Idaho City
3. Summit of Mores Creek
5. Grand Jean
6. Summit of Banner Creek
8. Smiley Creek
9. Galena Lodge
7. Time limit: All teams must be to Stanley for the start of the last three legs by 4:30pm. Any team outside of this must retire.
8. Handicaps: There will be four ways to qualify for a handicap. Rider ranking, team weight, age, and gender. If the team ranking equals 15 you will receive a five minute reduction in overall time for every point over 15. Example four cat. 5’s equal 20 handicap 25minutes. If the team overall weight exceeds 750lbs the team will receive a 20 minute handicap. Age handicaps for 2009. Team age greater than 179 = 10 minutes, team age greater than 199 = 15 minutes, team age greater than 220 = 30 minutes. Gender, every female rider will be worth a five minute handicap.
9. General rules:
1. Rosters for each leg will be turned in the night before at the managers meeting. Each team will need to decide rider rotation. Once a leg is started the team must stay together. The next leg cannot be started until all riders from the previous leg have finished. Each team will be allowed up to three riders on the road. Except the last leg from Galena to Sun Valley on this leg you will have the option to ride all four at once.
2. Drafting: Of course drafting is allowed between teammates but not between teams. This will be watched very closely.
3. Time Trial Bikes: Each team has the option to use as many bikes as they want to carry on one support car. Bike changes can only be done in the transition areas. If you start a leg on your tt bike you must finish that leg on your tt bike.
4. Follow car: Each team will be allowed to use one support car. The race will provide each car with Bikes on the Road sign. This sign will be placed on the front and back of each car. We will also provide each car with a couple cones. Other items the car will need (first aid kit, tools, ect.) The car will not be allowed to follow their riders. The state highway dept. is going to require that the manager leave the transition area and pass their riders and go to the next transition.
10. Manager/riders meeting. At least one team member must attend. The meeting will
Take place Friday June 4th 7:00pm George's Cycles on Front Street.
11. Rider mileage Minimum and Maximum.
1. Each team member must ride at least two sections.
2. A rider may not ride more than four sections of the event, not including section 9.